Thursday, August 18, 2016

Twilight Surprise by Mike Williams 08/18/2016 @ 12:26 A.M.

Whence twilight came betwixt dawn and dusk, 
And shadows fall and light fade. 
Dims mine vision upon leaves of rust, 
Hence imaginings overplayed. 

For I tarry a we bit too long, 
Thus I've seemed to lost my way. 
Afright for everything since gone wrong, 
Whence tree tops begin to sway. 

"Och! Leave me alane! Ochone! Lat abe! 
Och! A daena whit ye are! 
Wae's me! Lat abe, a'm afeart o ye! 
A hae stravaig hauf ower faur!" 

Frightened out of mine wits and shaking, 
For the rustling of tree. 
Then I heard laughter in the distance, 
'Twas mine luvie after me! 

1 Comments:

At August 18, 2016 at 5:38 AM , Blogger Mike Williams said...

This poem contains a little Scottish dialect.

Translated:


"Oh! Leave me alone! Oh! Let me be!

Oh! I don't know what you are!

Woe is me! Let me be, I am afraid of you!

I have wondered/roamed half too far!

Luvie means sweetheart.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home